Subject: Re: Lights/walls/icons and fans
From: [email-masked] (Dan Ablan)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 01:27:35 -0800

>
>
>hey, I have a small question about the actual light (ie. point,spot). I've 
>made a industrial looking room with those heavy duty fan things built 
>into the wall. Now, throughout the animation I'm rotating the fans however,
>I've placed 3 lights behind the fans (I have 3 fans, 1 for each fan) but
>from a side view or distance it looks like there is no light unless the 
>camera is staring right into the tunnel. I'm wondering if the actual size 
>of the light (the actual yellow light in Layout) is being blocked by 
>either the fan or the wall.....

                      First... try increasing the intensity way over 100%.
                      If it's a spot, is it pointing the right way?
                      If it's a point, and shadows are on, is the light
                      truly behind the fan, on the outside, or is it stuck in
                      the fan, or wall somewhere?

                      Just some thoughts...

                                             Dan
________________________________________________

AGA DIGITAL STUDIOS
Chicago
[email-masked]
(312) 649-9391

http://www.mcs.com/~dma/home.html
________________________________________________